This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
In the State of PA they now have where a private agency will train and hire a family member or friend to care for a LO. Not sure how this works but the income of the person receiving the service probably has something to do with it. By doing it this way, the agency is responsible for deductions and benefits. Call around and see if this is done in your srea.
Helpful Answer (0)

States are all different, but one thing that’s the same in all states is that Government agencies will not pay much of anything to family caregivers. You may get some funding but it’s not enough to provide a living. Plus, there are no benefits or retirement funds.

There is a Caregiver Agreement posted on this site. When filled out and signed by both of you, Pop can pay you out of his own money. I’ve heard it’s not a bad idea to have an attorney look it over to make sure the IRS doesn’t come after you at tax time. But understand that if Pop has dementia and is not aware of what he is signing, the agreement is not valid. In that case, you will need to go through whoever has his Power of Attorney.

You can do further research on what’s available in your state by calling your local Area Agency on Aging or Department of Health and Human Resources.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter