Is there a family advocate or a resource person who can help my grandma navigate things while her husband is in rehab? We have concerns about his ability to obey orders upon release, questions about guardianship and her rights as a spouse, and possibly legal advice too. Is there someone who can act as a family advocate or facilitator in this case when my grandpa might not be able to make the best decisions regarding his care?

There should be a social worker at the facility. You and your grandmother should be in touch with him/her early in grandfather's stay if you think that he will have to remain as a long term care client.

More details about this situation will get you much better and more detailed answers.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to BarbBrooklyn