I'm an employed caregiver at a ALF. I'd like to become a living caregiver for my elder retired, not physical mobile mom. We currently live in different states. Which she also as if I relocate her. Please I certainly hope to become any assistance she needs me to be. But I have no idea where an how to start.Please steps an advice on who to contact for guidance and help. Thanks

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
If you plan on moving in with your mom or having your mom move in with you I would start with a long weekend visit first. See for yourself what kind of situation you'd be getting yourself into before quitting your job and moving.
Helpful Answer (0)

Talk to some of the admins at your ALF about moving her there. Across states you would have to get a new Medicare Advantage plan, since they are run by individual states. Same with Medicaid, it is not portable.
As far as moving her IN with you, don't do it. Read the posts here. It would be like working all three shifts seven days a week. It's not healthy. Medicaid will not pay you to care for her. Medicaid provides care through contracted care agencies only.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter