He has had three open heart bypasses has trouble with balance walking hearing and vision needs help continuously.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep a full-time job so that you can add to your own retirement.

If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver from an Agency to come in to help a couple hours a day. Check to see if your State has “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs. Some have waiting lists.

Plus contact your local council on aging for local information to see what might be available to help your parents with free products, etc... if you live in the States, go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.
Helpful Answer (0)

I recently put my mom in a nice assisted living. It was the best thing I have done. She is getting better because she is eating better and has meds given at correct times. I don't worry so much about her these days. She did not want to go but now has friends and seems happier. You can't do it all, it's too hard.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter