Free legal advice? Re: financial data

Find Care & Housing
Try your local Office of Aging. They may be able to give you a number for Legal Aide.

I would not take what the LTC's financial person says. They are not versed in Medicaid. If parents have a lot of investments, it may be to their best interest to get an elder lawyer versed in Medicaid.

What happens is that Medicaid will separate what is his and hers. Mom will not be made impoverished and will become the Community spouse. What Dad pays towards his care depends on his individual income and what they share jointly. A lawyer can help you sort things out.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter