I am getting closer to having my own home in FL. It has gone to underwriting. With my husband having so many medical issues I was wondering if there was anyone on this forum that lives in Florida and where did you find a Dementia or elder care doctor? I don't know how to go about it. I do have a friend down there but she is very ill now facing a bypass. I don't feel right asking her. Can someone help me that lives on the Gulf Coast about an hour from Tampa to the north....I have Gainesville and Ocala to look around. I need at least 3 different doctors as soon as I move there which is going to be the latter part of January and I would like to find someone before I move. Thanks to all of you. Please stay with me when I move. Merry Christmas and God Bless all of you for what you are going through.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Thank you both..I will call ins Monday as well as hospitals.....
Helpful Answer (0)

Tara, do your current docs have any colleagues in that area?

I would find the teaching hospital closest to where you are going to be living and call their doctor referral line. Or call the department you are researching, i,e. Geriatrics and ask for the names of doctors in that specialty who are taking new patients.
Helpful Answer (5)

First you need to relocate your health insurance. The carrier you have now may not service Florida at all. Then you pick a provider from their list.
Helpful Answer (4)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter