Had to move in with Mother because I was paying $200.00 a day for her 24hr. home care when I was living in New York & she was living here in New Jersey.

What was my inheritance is gone. I'm not looking for any type of assisted living situation. She doesn't have any serious kind of medical condition, as far as her any kind of mental, but she can't walk on her own without wheelchair, or walker. The problem is we're both living on fixed income. Big rent living expenses etc.

Find Care & Housing
Hi, Bill. This seems to be the website for Essex County's Area Agency on Aging:

The phone number listed for information and assistance is (973) 395-8365.

Good luck! I hope you can find some resources to help you and your mom.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to SnoopyLove

Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to BillArnie

You need to get in touch with your state's department of aging or health and human services division. Call 2-1-1 for local info-its what we use here in Texas to apply for services or get information needed for our elderly and disabled. A Place for Mom also helped me immensely.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to mmcmahon12000

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter