When I fly with my both incontinent and bowel accident prone dementia husband, what can I give him beforehand to prevent accidents?

Have you asked his doctor? What stage of dementia is he?
Maryfrenter, if you are asking about medicine, that is something you would need to ask your hubby's primary doctor. Honestly, I haven't heard of any meds that would prevent such accidents.

While flying, would hubby be able to go to the restroom on his own and change is own Depend type garment? Restrooms on planes are just large enough for one person. Or an adult with a small child or baby. If not, would it be fair to the other passengers to deal with the odor for the whole flight?

How far will you be flying? How does hubby deal with strange places? Depending on the stage of dementia, would he panic while on flight?

Train travel would be much easier, if there are any Amtrak stations nearby.
Acidophilus might help. But I think it also depends on what kind of diet your husband has, what other medical conditions he might have. I haven't found that acidophilus interacts with anything else, but I don't take any meds other than aspirin.