I've been in the hospital for a couple weeks now over a collapsed lung. They did surgery on it a couple days ago to staple up a hole that was caused by a bleb. They took some pictures of it and there is a yellow lining along the different lobes of my lung and I was just wondering if they were bad. They couldn't tell me more on it so I just wanted to reach out to the rest of the world to see if other people encountered this problem. I have pictures and can send them if you think you know anything.

What's bothering you? - the yellow appearance on the imaging or the fact that you popped a bleb sufficiently large to need surgical repair?

Two weeks is quite a long time to be in hospital for this, as well, or so I believe. What else is going on?

But I'm going to stop myself right there. In general, if you don't get answers you're satisfied with, ask again - and ask the people who know you, know your medical history and know exactly what investigations and procedures have been done. Don't get second-guesses from the rest of the world.

A bleb can be either congenital but usually the collapsed lung occurs at a younger age. The other reason is emphysema. The lining that you mention should be the pleaura that does cover the entire lung. Once you are discharged you may want to see a pulmomary specialist and get a pulmonary function test to determine if you have emphysema. By the way, ask the hospital doctor if you have more than one bleb. This can happen again.