My mom is aging quickly. Soon she won't be able to answer questions sensibly or fill out forms.
We are working on powers of attorney (regular and medical) and her advance directives. But there must be more we need to get sorted.
Can this wonderful community help me construct a bullet-list of things to do?
I am thinking of things like:
- How to find out who her friends are so they can be contacted when she passes
- how to find out what she wants for her funeral
- how to know if there are gifts she wants to pass on to specific people
- how to know where her will is (if she has one)
- how to deal with creditors (YIKES!)
Fortunately, she lives in subsidized senior housing, so the director will probably be able to answer some questions. But she's not an end-of-life counselor; I don't want to take up all of her time sorting out my mom's affairs.
Is there a big book out there -- "How to do your parent's death" -- that I don't know about?