1. My mom was living on her own. went to visit family in another state and fell.
2. I was the one basically caring for her while she was living in her own place.
3. I lost my job and home and had to go live a great distance away from her
4. a family member decided to take mom to live with them up north.
5. Now my mom tells me she is unhappy, hates it there.
6. My one sibling who cares for her says she is talking to people, peeing everywhere, getting into fights with her family, talking to dead people, cannot remember anything, etc.
7. My other sibling whom visits only for a few days with my mom has said just the opposite.
8. I tried to help my sibling who is caring for my mom by looking at some assisted living and calling VA for benefits to help with her care.
9. we all got a scathing letter from her to stay out of it or take over. We are all pissed as we think this sibling is just going to through mom into a nursing home.
10. I told her I was sorry she felt that way but I was just trying to help find funding sorces.
11. this sibling works 60 hours a week, has a husband who is a drunk and a daughter who is still living at home and is jobless.
12. My other siblings want me to look into other avenues like bringing her back to the state where she wants to be.
13 However, we think that the sibling that is currently caring for her is going to pop a cork.
this is just a very watered down version of what is going on. I need some advise as to what I should do with my sibling if we do find the funding and resources for my mom to live in assisted living. Right now we don't have enough to put her in assisted living so she is just living with sibling #1 for now and since I suggested in home care that is what they are doing. however my mom is bored. She used to go out all the time, bingo, bunko etc. Now she does nothing but sit in the house all day. I want my mom to be happy. Sibling #1 has said that mom may need to go into nursing home if these rages don't stop. I cannot believe my mom would ever act that way. But again I haven't seen her since October. I know my sibling is stressed, I lived with my mom for 10 years and then became her care giver after her cancer surgery, although she lived in her own place, and not with me. Any advise on how to handle this situation would be great.