My father has not been able to control his bowels. Also he has chronic issue of gases due to which he is unable to control passing of stool.

What kind of foods does he eat?  These kinds of problems can arise from the type of diet.
Mfkidwai Mar 24, 2020
He is loosing apitite but is very fond of all types of sweats and deserts.
(0)
Not medical advice...but I had a bug or something a few weeks back and that led to my seeing multiple articles/ reports of the benefits of macaroons...the coconut type. Perhaps I was already on the mend, or maybe it was the benefit of the coconut...but I picked up a pack at Aldi's and was eating one a day...and things improved...Sounds like you have more to explore though with this situation...
Reply to gdaughter

Be careful of him getting dehydrated and UTI with diarrhea. Being sedentary affects the GI tract.
Reply to Invisible

Our doctor was able to make suggestions on foods to avoid, foods to add and meds that might help. But these were suggestions after a medical work up. My husband is doing much better now.
Reply to LNReason

Start with getting your father to a doctor for a check up. We on this forum are not physicians. Has your father been diagnosed with anything gastrointestinal in nature?
If not then he needs a work up.
Good luck!
Reply to Shane1124