I have been trying to research information on what the state law is for staff to resident ratio in a Dementia care facility. Does every facility have different rules? Thank you for any help!

It is up to the DPH to inspect and regulate. You can start by filing a complaint. If there is no such law then you can contact your state representative

Washington State does not appear to legislate staffing ratios in Assisted Living facilities.

Dear MomofThree,

I believe every facility has different rules about this. I understand California has a law but some states do not. Maybe the town office might have more information about this. I do hear your concern because understaffing is an issue at so many care facilities and can lead to mistakes and poor care. If there is a facility you are interested in, I would ask the manager about their ratios.