What is the cause of arthritis?

I want to know how to prevent it.

19

Answers

I eat a lot of nuts, expensive, but worth it. A pound lasts me about 1 week and costs $7.95. I'm the only one in my family that eats them, nobody else likes walnuts, so I'm aware of cost for feeding myself. I have them for breakfast every morning along with gluten free waffles, about $4 per week and real maple syrup, about $7 per week. Yes, it's more expensive than a non organic egg and a piece of toast made with junk bread, but when we're talking about staying healthy, it's worth it. Once a week, I allow myself a free range chicken egg and gluten free toast. If I mix oatmeal in some days, it takes the price down, but also the protein level. That's how I avoid arthritis.

Hello all,
Always go for the brain foods…olive oil, butter, red wine, low carbs, grass fed red meat (within reason), free range organic chicken OR THE BEST is fresh killed pheasant and venison and fish especially fresh TROUT wow u will feel your self alive again and weight dropped off. NEVER SOY, NEVER CHINESE FOOD!!!! (I know I LOVE IT…but it kills u.) Nothing that is raw fish …parasites abound. No Japanese food. Sorry folks. I look 20 years younger and everyone freaks out when they see me! Love it! Eat like the Europeans.

$1 for a pound of beans....I just bought organic pinto beans and paid around $2.79/pound at co-op. Making chili bean & rice casserole with hot chili's & tomatoes from our garden (frozen in August). One pound beans is one meal around here. Very hard to eag vegan or any style of alternative diet for under $10 per meal, cooking at home.

If you eat sprouts and veggies and leave off meat, it's $1 for a bag of beans that will last through 3 or 4 meals for a family if they are served with some salad. Organic becomes cheap by comparison.

When I was vegan I gained, a lot, and got really out of shape, I couldn't gst enough protein. Then I got extremely sick with flu, bad cough became bronchitis, pneumonia, maybe someone think my body was still ridding itself of accumulated poisons (from childhood?) All I know is, after 6 wks of feeling like I was dying, I got hungry for a hamburger.....ate one, and felt Great. I still dont eat tons of meat and never do hamburgers (unless craving). Best I ever felt was while doing low-carb, lost 35 # and kept most off. Skin glowing, no aches, allergies best ever. But so xpensive to shop organic veggies, free range eggs, etc.

Oh, and I lost 24 pounds. I've gained back 10 since I fell off the wagon.

Gracie and Ferris both have it right. - going vegan eased my problems considerably. Never-Never-Never eat Soy. It's one of the worst things you can put in your body. Most all of it is genetically modified. I take an omega 3 that comes from sea weed. I also take magnesium. It keeps down the bone spurs that are a really painful part of arthritis. I was strictly vegan for over 2 years before willpower waned with my caregiving responsibilities. My complexion cleared and my pain disappeared. I'm working on getting back on the wagon. But pizza now there's a real temptation. I'm still mostly gluten free and 100% vegetarian.

I don't know if "they" will have The Real Answer in time to help anyone reading this website. I strongly suspect arthritis has origins in childhood and by the time we start noticing we Have Arthritis, it's too late to stop it. A nice glass of merlot is my "fix".

NEVER RUN nor bike!!! Always do low impact which would be swimming…(without tearing out your shoulders), or ballet within reason ..always use low impact excerise and you will be great! NEVER EVR RUN!!!!!!!!!!!! especially women!

oh an NEVER RU or bike!!! Always do low impact which would be swimming…without tearing out your shoulders, or ballet within reason ..always clam low impact and you will be great! NEVER EVR RUN!!!!!!!!!!!! especially women!