What is the cause of arthritis?

I want to know how to prevent it.

I like to use webmd to get answers like this. I looked it up and basically it is an inflammation of the joints. We all get it, generally, as we age. No fun. As for prevention; I don't have a clue, but exercise is one of the best remedies for me and that is just walking 30 minutes a day!!! Good luck with your research.
Whole food plant based vegan diet helps tremendously. When I became taken four years ago, I was able to get off 10 prescription medications, including anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, pain relievers, and medications to relieve other medication side effects.
When I became vegan.
Fillers used in vitamin pills and prescription drugs can cause joint inflammation.
Inflammation. The latest research shows sugar and red meat are real factors in inflammation. Get a CBC with C-Reactive Protein selected on the lab form, and find out what your "inflammation" risk is. It is usually tested to show the doctor about your heart health, but I'm more interested in the rest of my body. Check out the new "Paleo" diet. It has some good aspects to it.
There are 2 prevalent types of arthritis. Osteoarthritis is wear and tear on the joints. Some seem to be more susceptible to this type than others. Exercise and losing weight are often helpful with this type.
Rheumatoid arthritis is thought to be an autoimmune condition that is more aligned with inflammation.
That being said, I have know numerous people that have seen improvements in both types with dietary changes, especially going gluten free.
Here's a great place to start: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-arthritis-2/

After watching that video, do a search for arthritis on the site and you'll see a bunch of videos about different aspects of it.
I also have had great results with a vegan diet, going on 6 years now. Dairy is a huge trigger for me.
vegan has actually increased the problem. soy cause a huge amount of inflammation. protein actually helps to diffuse it which is from meat. Not saying eat meat 24/7 but that with fish with the omega-m3 has helped me so much. Never go on a strict vegan diet u will have so many problems.
oh an NEVER RU or bike!!! Always do low impact which would be swimming…without tearing out your shoulders, or ballet within reason ..always clam low impact and you will be great! NEVER EVR RUN!!!!!!!!!!!! especially women!