If he/she was the only attorney in tge practice, you will need to seek a new attorney. Also l, it is noted that you should review and edit your documents at least every 5 - 7 years.
Gold luck
Reply to thingsarecrazy8

Was the lawyer in practice with another lawyer or was he on his own? If there are other attorneys in the practice then make an appointment with one of them. If he was a solo practice then you will need to go attorney shopping and find a new one.
Reply to cweissp

My hubs and I have DPoAs and other legal paperwork drawn up by a firm that did not necessarily "specialized" in elder law or estate planning but now we have an appointment to see a new one. I am choosing a multi-lawyer practice since I think there's more accountability and less opportunity for abuse when there are other eyes on activity. And also so that if the original lawyer passes, there is seamless transfer within the practice.
Reply to Geaton777

Was this attorney in single practice?  You may have to track down whoever's handling his/her cases, if only for close-out or reassignment.    In my experience, attorneys typically make arrangements for case management in the event of their death.

If not and he/she was with a firm, more than likely someone else in the firm will handle his/her cases.

The same happened to us. We went to a new lawyer and had the documents reviewed and updated. It was really informative as a different lawyer brought up things we hadn’t considered the previous time. Find a new elder law attorney
Reply to Daughterof1930

About every 10 years I go back to review upgrade my documents. I found that when I redid documents, they were more comprehensive than the old doc. Also as POA and executor 3 times, I had no problem with a different lawyer reviewing papers from deceased lawyers. You will just find someone new and maybe younger than you for peace of mind.
For an example, recently I found that my mom's 25 year POA for me had a different law in a state that I moved her to. It required certification of the POA from her old state. It was something that still went through both probates. The old state certified the document as her lawyer was listed as actively practicing on the date of the document.