What type of incontinence supplies qualify for a tax deduction? What about other types of durable medical equipment needed in the home?

Find Care & Housing
Thank you. We wiIl let the cpa decide and just submit the receipts to him.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Silverspring

Those are really questions to ask a tax professional. You may not be able to deduct them on your federal return because of all the new tax changes but if you file a state return, you still deduct them. We just went through that with my husband’s work expenses. We can no longer deduct them on our federal return but we can deduct them on our stats return.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to worriedinCali

Incontinence supplies may or may not be deductible. It depends on if they are needed to relieve the effects of a specific disease. As for medical equipment, it is the same principle. With the changes in tax law, will the person be able to itemize this year?
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to tacy022

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter