My fatrhef witb dementia moved 1 month ago my brother received temp conservator for person and estate. He isnt on medi cal so no ihss 24 hrs a day at he up anx going. He has money for nursing home,that will come in time. In the meantime how do i get reimbursed for this time and using my family resources. Things like transportation to doctors appointments,picking up medis etc i need for him family bot tellinv md anything nor answering calls returning calls or visiting i need advice

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Any payments have to be approved by the court. Did you not attend the conservator hearing? That would have been the appropriate venue to ask for reimbursement of your services.
The temporary conservator is court-ordered to deal with finances and medical matters, so none of those contacts will return your calls.
Helpful Answer (1)

Beedee, I wasn't quite sure what you were saying in your post.... hope this is what you were asking.  Majority of adult children do not get paid for taking care of their parent... unless the parent can pay from their own retirement.

Many of us spend time away from our jobs and families to drive our parent to where ever they need to be, and for picking up things they need, and never even think about being paid.  
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter