We all have heard that stress kills! What is it exactly, and what are some actions to take to decrease stress?

When I am able to identify stress (my b/p is hiking up), I have left the room. But with better weather, I am going outside, maybe sit in the car awhile instead of hiding out in my room.

What is it that you are doing to lessen stress?

Stress is like reaching up to touch the ceiling only to be told (or telling yourself) you are not trying hard enough.
How to decrease stress? Stop trying (why are you doing this anyway?) or buy a ladder. Either way, the ceiling is where it has to be, so be grateful it is there and accept its purpose - it may or may not be there tomorrow.
Reply to Kantankorus

I live in a 55+ community with lots of paved paths through the woods. Now that my husband has balance issues, I bought a used golf cart and take him for rides on the paths. On the 2 days per week that he goes to Adult Daycare, I take my neighbor friends for rides. It's a fun way to reduce stress.
Reply to WearyJean

I watch Twitch and take care of my gaming guild to destress. It works extremely well!
Reply to MyNameIsJenna

Walking away was about the best I could manage. Being able to laugh about whatever led to it sometimes helps. Remember this anyone?

Stress: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some jerk who desperately deserves it.

(I am NOT implying those with dementia are jerks! Some of their behavior is on par with the real jerks of the world, but the difference is jerks do it deliberately. I first saw this many years before I even knew what dementia was!)
Reply to disgustedtoo

In jest, of course, but a very dear friend of mine suggested I keep a small bottle of rum in the bathroom cabinet!
Reply to overwhelmed21
disgustedtoo May 2, 2021
;-)
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!

Rum swizzles!
(2)
I like walking and taking picturesin the countryside. Especially flowers and butterflies. Now I often just sit in the grass in my garden checking on my bunny.
Reply to Anche71

I play euphonium, and take lessons on it and play in a band.
Reply to AnnReid

I'm playing golf.
Reply to velbowpat

I used to walk my dogs. But they passed.

I listen to podcasts. My mom uses Bluetooth earpieces.

Prayer and meditation.

Chamomile tea (Sleepytime brand for me).

Melatonin if I can anticipate 6hrs of sleep.

Coffee with stevia and coconut oil.

I used to do the Keto diet which is good with medium cardio (elliptical). Ketosis is great if current lifestyle can sustain.

Books / articles with conclusive breaks, e.g. short story compilations.

Webinars and lectures / speeches between 20m to 1hr.
Reply to BL1982
Anche71 May 1, 2021
I am also on a keto diet!
(1)
I’ve started journaling and joined a health/mental health forum
Reply to Martz06

I don’t know. I thought this was a post so I could get some help. Tehee!
Reply to Miggy17
Sendhelp May 1, 2021
Miggy,
A good sense of humor is one way to decrease stress.
Reaching out to others so you know you are not alone is another stress-buster.
This thread is one that you can say anything and ask for help if you need it.
Feel free!
(0)