1. I am married with a 9 month old baby.
2. we live 1,000's of miles from my parents who are 87 and 83. My mother has moderate dementia she can not care for self and my dad does it all.
3. while I was pregnant, he moved them 300 miles to her home town none of her family wants to help or visit
4. the childhood home is still there, packed with items and needs weeks of clearing
5. my husband and I thought of moving to the house, then probably not, we need to clean the house
6. my father refuses to discuss any legal or financial matters. We are clueless.
7. I finally went with my husband and baby and it was so taxing for those three days trying to take care of a mother with dementia, and a 8 month old baby. NOTHING got done. now I have to go back alone, with a baby.
8. I had a really hard childhood and it shatters me everytime I go there. I need support, legal, emotional and my husband can't come any more due to work.