I am not able to keep up each monthly with the expense of caring for my elderly Father in my home. I am disabled and my income is way below the national poverty level and I cannot make ends meet. He is 87 yrs. old and I have to tend to his daily needs. I do not mind taking care of him and putting him in some facility would be the last thing he would want. I just need a little help financially.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
That’s a very common question asking about being paid. Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. You would need an employment contract.

If you live in the States, see If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs such as Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, etc,... go to the website link below.

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter