The one thing my sister and I do agree on is that mom needs 24 hour care, but that's where it ends. We were ready to sign on the dotted line at one assisted living facility. My sister decided at the last minute that she didn't want to be rushed into the decision. In the meantime mom is bouncing back and forth between her own home and my sister's house. I help out with mom a few days a week and we have two caregivers that work approx. 20 hours a week. It's just not enough. My sister can't wrap her head around spending $3000 per month for mom's care. My mom has 20,000 in the bank and her house (which we can sell). Mom also receives her social security and I can probably get VA benefits. Sister keeps reminding me how fast $20,000 can go. Then she reminds me that mom is not a social person and won't do well in a facility. I'm willing to take that chance, but who am I. Sister has power of attorney which leaves me out of the decision. Sister doesn't want mom to have to leave her "cute little house" and thinks we could find a person who needs a place to live in exchange for mom's care. I tell her she is living in a dream world. People like that are extremely hard to find and even if you do find someone, how do you know your parent will like them? How do you know if you can trust that person? So, today, my sister wants to check out another facility. I really feel we already found the best place. Should I keep humoring my sister until she is forced to finally make a decision? I am really, really stressed. I sure I have babbled my way through this discussion, but it helps when I put my feelings into words. Thanks for reading this.