If we go he will need to be transferred from his wheel chair to a dental exam chair which would trigger the falling backwards dizziness. This situation might prevent examination and cause him to become agitated and upset, or sick.

If the dentist not willing to do it in a wheelchair, then I wouldn't bother. Especially if u are looking at a 6 month exam and prior visits there have been no problems. If u do go, I would opt out of xrays. The hygienist can find cavities and will bring them to the dentists attn. If small, I would just have them watched. If the visit doesn't go well, depending on age, I wouldn't do it again.

It depends on if the dentist can work with the patient in a wheelchair. If not it will depend on patient weight. A fall risk needs at least 2 people to assist him to transfer. How is transferral done at home? Remember that a wheelchair has no headrest so it could be uncomfortable
Ricky6 Oct 13, 2018
I have a get u up lift with a sling at home, so the transfer process can be slowed down, but at the dentist it would take two people to transfer between chairs. Previously, the patient did not have the feelings of falling backward, so not sure what will happen. If it goes wrong then the cleaning and exam will not happen because he will not cooperate.
(0)
Call the dentist office. Mine was very accommodating, put her in a larger room and she was able to be examined in her wheelchair.
Reply to rocketjcat

If he isn't having major dental issues then I would cancel.  Just one more stress the both of you don't need.  Just brush his teeth twice a day and if he'll spit out and not swallow, use mouthwash.  Mom doesn't know to spit so we're using Toms All Natural Kids toothpaste w/o fluoride .  No issues if she swallows.  Wishing you the best.
Reply to Jessica40

I recommend calling the dentist's office. They may have a system in place to assist him. They can give you a recommendation based on his age, other issues, how they may assist or take care of him, or even recommend cancelling it.
Reply to MountainMoose