Should new unused incontinence pads smell bad? Who should I report this to?

I have received new unused incontinence pads directly from the manufacturer that has a order. I just now received many packages of these. Opened one and it smells bad. Other not opened bags smell. Put my nose to it and same smell as inside the open bag. Who do I report this to. I called the manufacturer and looks like they are saying it still is ok. Who monitors this and how do I reach them?

13

Answers

What does it smell like?

Attends packages are all blue. Do you mean extra large size or extra absorbency. Look again.

This was attends produce. They are getting some back.
They sent me new product that also smells. I have asthma and it even makes me cough. Pink package extra size. It might be the plastic they wrap it with on the inside of each ind. one. the number on the package is 16104121. Note there is no smell on there extra plus size. seems to not be any standards for this product. I am horrified regarding this.
I do not want to deal with them anymore.

If you are keeping the product in the packageing, I suggest you remove them and place them in a clean empty cabinet. See if this procedure resolves the problem.

I would contact the company you ordered from, ask for a refund or an exchange as the current supplies have a bad odor. If they don't want to take care of the problem contact your local Attorney General's office or the office of Consumer Affairs.

Checj location any animals in house

I would suggest you return all of the pads that you purchased from this manufacturer. You would not want your Mother getting an infection. Ask for a full refund of your money as ferris1 said.

Return the pads for a full refund stating your concerns. Of course the manufacturer is not going to admit (or the person you are talking to) there is a problem. Then do not pay them. I hope you used a credit card. Tell the credit card to get your money back if they will not credit your account. The smell might be from the chemicals used to absorb liquid holding onto the pad, but I am sensitive to chemicals, so this would be a return item for me.

Sometimes the packaging could create an odor on the product.

Consumer Product Safety Commission: http://www.cpsc.gov/