I want to go out of town, where can I find a service to watch my mom when I am gone? - AgingCare.com

I want to go out of town, where can I find a service to watch my mom when I am gone?

2

Answers

Contact your local Area Office on Aging, and ask them to recommend home care agencies to you. There are usually several in each town. I chose to go with one of the agencies suggested by the Office on Aging. They screen their help and send only certified people. In the past, I have used personal cargivers, and there was always a problem with how they wanted to be payed, or who would come. Another thing about using an agency, if the caregiver quits or gets fired, they are responsible for finding a replacement, not you. When a personal caregiver quits, you have to find your own replacement.

How about putting her in a short stay respite apartment at an asst living place? Most asst living facilities have such a room available.