Seeking info on C-diff infection from the hospital. My mom has been on Flagel and is still zonked after 11 days; vitals better. Seem normal? - AgingCare.com

Seeking info on C-diff infection from the hospital. My mom has been on Flagel and is still zonked after 11 days; vitals better. Seem normal?

They keep telling me she's getting better. Hard to keep the faith when she can't stay awake, feels awful and keeps getting some diarrhea back (though it is lessening). Just wondering if any has any experience with this.

2

Answers

Make sure they are getting the electrolytes in balance. Is the sodium-potassium level correct? Would a bag of Ringer's improve her? Would a B12 shot help? Push the MD for answers.

C-diff is very stubborn. It can take weeks to totally clear up and the diarrhea can wipe the person out. Make sure your mom is staying hydrated.