I am married, living in a home shared by my husband. I would like to leave and find an independent living situation. Or can it be calculated by my income only?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Virginia, if your income is high enough, then the apartment only needs to look at your income, savings, and credit background. If the apartment management needs more income & savings, they would then used your husband's income, or vise versa.

Look at an Independent Living facility that also has options for a higher level of care in case you or hubby needs this type of care a couple years from now.

Now there are some independent living facilities where you put down a large downpayment on the unit, the price is like one is buying the unit, but you aren't really buying it. Once you move out, then you or your heirs receive back the downpayment minus 10% which is a good deal. Now there are high HOA fees each month. The apartments are from regular size up to 3,000 sqft. What is nice is no maintenance, meals in the restaurants, on-site doctor, banking, hair salon, gift shop, gym, indoor pool.... kinda like living in a resort :)
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter