Has anyone just ever felt like running away from family Mum included? - AgingCare.com

Has anyone just ever felt like running away from family Mum included?

Im pissed off and just really feel like running away from this family and never coming back?

No matter what happens to me or how bad mum is getting I am drained from family ignoring the HUGE smoke signals? I love my mum but cant do this anymore as I have such anger for my family "how dare they leave this sick old woman with me to look after alone with no help OR solutions".

I dream of just waking up and packing and divorcing the whole lot of them.

Has anyone just ever got up and left? a selfish family and an ungrateful woman full of bitterness and anger and takes her unhappy life out on me yeh shes ill am sick hearing it. She dosnt know what shes doing OH REALLY DOES SHE NOT? she seems to be just fine when sis is here then a down and out when she leaves? I ask myself whats the point here I get no appreciation from anyone except one brother who although supportive has no idea what its like.

25

Answers

1 2 3
Thanks guys for all your support i will be fine as a kid from "a very dysfunctional family!!" you learn to be tough from an early age my parents caused so much crap in our lives that I still cant believe im not on crack cocaine or an out and out "drunk" lucky I am very strong emotionally or was? i know when enough is enough and this is it! No more MR nice im going to be a "me" person me me me me me me and then me myself and I.
I think to anyone here SA is a prime example of a "survivor" no matter how much crap shes had thrown at her shes still here like alot of us im telling you it comes from having to deal with "crap" from an early age! I dont remember a "childhood?" i remember being worried all the time anxiety at 4yrs old? watching my dad beat the crap out of my mum didnt help then hed hit us as he was in an unhappy marraige and wanted out? yep you toughen up pretty damn quick! At my dads "wake" my brother said something that meant something and its true "dad you made me who I am today and for that im grateful". We are all fairly tough in our family but alot of kids are that have come from dysfunctional backgrounds we had no choice but its made us what we are today which is a fairly decent human being maybe a bit too caring and sensitive but thats not such a bad thing. theres 3 types of people in this world: Winners,losers and survivors thankgod im a survivor!! I have to have hope and even though ive had a stroke ill be damned afterall the crap ive been through that something is going to kill me now! im no where near ready to die ive got a wonderful life to live gosh my life hasnt even started yet so im not worried i deserve to be happy and so do we all on here if i thought for one minute that i would be here looking after mum for the next twenty years in this "one horse town!" with no money,job,friends,MAN well id just eat a million doughnuts and smoke myself to a quick death! No as ive said before im going to die in my late 90s laughing my head off and yes "break dancing in some fancy NH!". LOL

Wow. I really think I would run away. You deserve to have a life and your health and happiness are being taken away from you by your manipulative family. You have to stand up for yourself and just say NO. I doubt if you leave that the rest of your family will just leave your mother sitting there. No, they'd have to act and she'd probably get put into assisted living PRONTO because none of them want to take care of her.
Wonder what they'd do if you suddenly could not do this anymore?
What if you had a nervous breakdown and had to be hospitalized for awhile?? Hell, maybe you ought to fake one (please, no offense to anyone that's had one!) and see what happens. You're probably not too far from one.
In any case, please do something for yourself. Even if it is just talking to someone or continuing to get advice here. Your health is as important as anyone else.

Kazzaa, better a doughnut than the e-cigarette I am addicted to. It's the lesser of two evils, believe me..... but still I can tell it's no good either. I also find myself having a drink before dealing with unpleasantries, where I never did in past years... not to get on a big thing about that, but it's something I wanted to mention because you can have that doughnut once in awhile...

Get out while you still can .just pack up and go. What are going to do about it when you are on your way out tell them I will be back whenever.

SA im booking my flight!! Im sure we can do better than the odd fag though maybe a few "doobies"!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Sounds lovely where you are here im looking out at pissy rain and wind am skint and have no money to go for a coffee and am wondering "how the hell did i get here?" Ive just eaten a chocolate doughnut the diet can wait until tomorrow its too miserable to diet!!! (hope thats not my last dying words!!)

Ashlynne i was in no way making light of your situation and feel for you it must be harder when your mum wasnt a good mum all your life like SA i think that takes alot of strenght to look after someone who wasnt a good mother my mum was left to bring up 5 kids alone with no money and did her best and I am grateful to her for that but shes been a very unhappy woman all her life and the dementia just makes her worse you cannot make her happy she is going to hate me when i leave but im past caring its taken a stroke to make me wake up to this! I can just imagine when the time comes and she does need a NH ill be the one who gets the phone calls and all the s*** even though im the one who cares??

I don't have family except my two son's, Kaz. But bet if I did and they treated me badly I wouldn't have 'family' for long. I don't accept bad treatment in this life from others. I had enough bad treatment and abuse from my mom to last ten lifetimes. Never again. And after what YOU'VE been through and having had a stroke from the stress and bullshit? Oh hell no. I'd walk away from those vipers and never look back.

I limited my visits with my mom towards the end. I did see her before she died, thank God, but I just couldn't take her crying and screaming every time she laid eyes on me anymore no matter how badly I felt for her. It was killing me. Like Ash said, my blood pressure went through the roof every single time and it took a while to come off of that stress and feel calm again. I WANTED to be there more, but it was just freaking impossible.

I wish you could come here and chill and rest awhile, Kaz. We could sit in the sunroom in the peace and quiet and smoke a fag or two together, sip some hot tea and watch the geese on the lake. Drive to Myrtle beach or Ashville and stay a few days watching the ocean or chilling in a cabin in the mountains. Anytime, Kaz! *hugs*

Kazzaa you think it's funny? My mother has been the mother from hell my whole life yet I gave up everything to care for her for 4 years out of duty. Yes, she's in a NH and driving me mad by phone to the point I may well have a stroke - had a small one last week, just a warning. Think that's funny?

Well on the way down looney tune road my mother drives me crackers by phone to the point tonight I changed my phone number and made it unlisted. The NH has it but she never will. I've been sobbing ever since. Why? I hope because I'm, a decent human and it wasn't something I'd want to do but I really had no choice.

My mother is not a sweet little old lady, she's a narcissistic, mean, evil, manipulative sob and has been all her life. She gives not a damn about me or my well being and,as she's never asked about my stroke or wellness, I have no hesitation in kicking her to the curb.

[Cat thinks: "Huh! They think THEY'RE stressed! What about me..? Spend my whole life looking after their house - vermin anywhere? - no didn't think so, don't thank me or anything - warming their beds, bringing them gifts, putting up with their racket at all hours, hardly a wink of sleep, never allowed to bring the girlfriend round… don't know why I bother…"]

Its funny just looking at these posts! ashlynne mum is in a NH and shes stressed and youre across the road and youre stressed im here living with mum and dream of being able to just visit her like you guys! but guess it dosnt matter where you are its stressful im lucky i have friends i run to but thats no life either. Off to bed now to sunggle up to my cat poor thing is depressed as its been very stormy weather here and he cant go out SEE even pets have thier problems!!!!

1 2 3