How can you revoke DPOA? - AgingCare.com

How can you revoke DPOA?

mom never receives monthly statements of her financial affairs from POA what can she do?

5

Answers

How can I revoke Power of Attorney to access my Bank Accounts

Dementia patients worry about money - talk to P.O.A. & tell them she is concerned about money - she might not be able to fully understand all the papers so see what simplified report can be made -

Mom really wanted to know that she has enough money & stopped worrying once I said there was enough money until she was 119 so we would worry about it then [she laughed & said 'I won't live that long' but it relieved her worries]

Is it a conservator or poa? Has your mother been declared incompetent? Is the poa a family member?

A Conservator reports to the court who appointed him/her. No, you have no right to see those statements, and the patient probably would not understand them at all since she is incompetent. So they are kept confidential and in a secure place.

It really depends what mom wants, and how far her dementia has progressed. Was the poa document prepared by a lawyer? If your mom wants to revoke poa and appoint a new one, take her back to the lawyer.