Mom had a reverse mortgage that was not depleted thru the agency. How do I apply for the funds left? - AgingCare.com

Mom had a reverse mortgage that was not depleted thru the agency. How do I apply for the funds left?

I had power of attorney for my Mom. She has passed away at age 82.

1

Answer

There are no funds left, just the loan amount that you must repay. Typically, the person dies and the loan is then due in full, plus the interest, within 30 days or the mortgagor takes full title to the house. These companies love it when the person dies and they have loaned out less than the full amount. Personally, I would take it to my attorney to sort it out.

• There are undeniable benefits to purchasing an annuity, but there are many different types. Careful planning and consideration are required to find one that is the best fit for your financial situation.
  • 401(k) plans are an employer-sponsored benefit that enables workers to set aside money towards their retirement. How do you decide which kind of 401(k) plan is best for you? Very carefully.
  • Seniors who depend on a fixed income to fund their retirement are vulnerable to inflation, but proper planning and investing can safeguard their spending power.
  • Numerous resources are available to educate a spouse or an aging loved one on the basics of personal finance, retirement planning, investing and more. In fact, some of these learning tools are both practical and enjoyable.
  • A roundup of web-based and mobile financial tools that will help you monitor your money, budget better and save more.