I have become responsible for a life long friend of my mom's who I was named after. She is 90 and needs 24/7 care. Where can I find help? - AgingCare.com

I have become responsible for a life long friend of my mom's who I was named after. She is 90 and needs 24/7 care. Where can I find help?

I need help with the elderly care of a family friend who is 90 and now living in my home. I consider her like my Aunt but she is not a blood relative. Can I get paid to be her caregiver since I had to quit my job to care for her since she has no one else? I love her like nobody else but I need help financially and a break once in a while for my own sanity. Please help me with this struggle. I can't let her be put into a nursing home I care too much to subject her to that life in her last years of life. Is there help out there? I won't have a home for either of us or food to eat if I don't get help.