I have 4 sibs, yet I care 100% for ALL of Mom's medical, housekeeping & financial life. Can I resign from healthcare responsibilities conferred by POA & healthcare surrogate yet still handle her financial paperwork? She is not competent to address changes to the legal paperwork, so would I be able to invoke POA to make the changes addressed above?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Be very careful. Mom's POA is set up to allow relinquishing. However many want the power and not necessarily the responsibility associated with it.

If POA is set up with a second in line, then you can relinquish to that person. Another idea would be to hire a geriatric care manager, this you can do as the POA, to manage mom's health care, rather than go through guardianship.
Helpful Answer (2)

Since Mom is not competent the only way would be if the POA has a successor then they would take over.. If no successor then you can resign but a legal guardian would need to named..

Do you really want to go to court pay a substantial amount of money to appoint a guardian?

Hugs.. I know care giving is stressful...
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter