How do I report misconduct of a home health care person? - AgingCare.com

How do I report misconduct of a home health care person?

My parents are paying a person who claims to be a certified CNA to help with home care, errands, & housework. She is drawing unemployment & my ste-father is paying her cash under the table. She is continually involving herself in personal and financial matters of not only my parents, but of the children who are caregivers also. Her focus is on my step-father who recently sold his ranch property and has a substantial amt. of money in the bank. She has taken it upon herself to oversee his finances & best interests. She is causing him to mistrust his wife & children, creating disention amongest the family members who have been caring for the both of them. The wifes condition is very poor right now, so she has managed to mentally gain all his confidence in her over-exagerated actions & behavior. She belittles a grandchild verbally, & has the family extremely upset except for my father. I am very concerned with her intentions & actions. He is 85 years old & extremely vunerable at this point.

15

Answers

Social Service will not always help but GET RID OF THIS PERSON
I had one to come in and watch my husband and she took 2 $100 bills out of my pursr and I did not discover it for two days.Her name is Vickki Ferrell so do not get her but find someone NOW

You can also report this person to unemployment, if she is getting paid under the table she may not be reporting her cash earnings and she is suppose to do that.
She may not be eligible for unemployment if she is earning to much. This is also anonymous.

That's what I'm thinking. My uncle has her information on his cell phone so hopefully she is legitimate. She left him a voice mail with her call back number so we'll see.

Whoa, sounds like it might have been a fake. My sibling reported me and I got the letter!!! They told me she will never know the outcome , she was only the reporter.

No, they said we get nothing as it is anonymous and we have to go some kind of legal route to get that info. I called PS today and told them I want to know if this person was legitimate and she worked for them. I have to get her name and call back just to be sure she is on their staff. That was my main concern. That she was not who she claimed she was and she coercied my mom into opening the door under false pretenses and also came into my home without my permission.

The person who does the reporting gets nothing, just the person who was investigated. (spellcheck on this iPad is horrible, hope you read my emails lol)

Got absolutely nothing and they said we were not entitled to anything. We have to go through some legal system to get it.

You didn't get a certified letter? You are supposed to and them person who reports itngets nothing.nthe reporter is supposed to be secret but it was admitted on the interview with me when I showed her legal documents of the same sibling slandering me elsewhere proven wrong by a lawyer.

I agree. They told me and my uncle who is mom's POA that we could not get a copy of the report and what they found which I dont think is fair. I feel if you investigated me then I should be given the report saying what you found for my safety in case someone tries it again. She also told me I was doing a fabulous job and mom was well taken care of and she found absolutely nothing wrong. I hope this lady was on the up and up. We have nothing to prove that she was actually from PS. She could have been someone just from the street preying on the elderly. I had mom's phone number changed too since she called my mom and made her come down the steps and open the door and let her in. Very, very scary.

italianbabs, we also have a camera system we can watch from work online, it was a lifesaver but I am now retired and only use it if I go out with a caretaker here and only look at it if I think there could have been a problem. I also had a sibling try and make trouble for me and the APS called me for an interview, they didnt just show up. (good thing as I never answer the door to strangers) I also got a certified letter saying it was "unfounded" and when I called the APS, she told me I was doing a fabulous job with my Mom. Yes! (loved that because my sibling looked like a fool) So, I guess it depends on the APS in your areas. They could just show up at her fathers house and then the caretaker could steal something when she leaves that day, is tricky. What a horrible situation poor buxembenz is in though!