How long will it take to receive VA benefits after the forms are sent in? - AgingCare.com

How long will it take to receive VA benefits after the forms are sent in?

27

Answers

1 2 3
It may be because if was both my mother and my deceased father had benefits available, so they do them faster? Not sure, but the person I worked for said 45 days, and it was. Just had to wait till the first of dec to get the deposit of $1700. Not a disability case.

Thanks, Daisy. I looked up the law firm you used and it says they only do VA disability cases - was your aid and attendance filing part of a disability case? I've never heard of it being approved in such a short time. I also used a specialized law firm and they're normal time frame is 6 months. I just wonder if there's another facet that makes your filing more urgent and thus responded to more quickly? Thanks.

the center for elder veterans rights in nashville.

Can you tell us what company you hired?

So glad that you were able to obtain the benefits. I am going to hang in there a little while. If it is rejected then I guess I will have to hire the experts.

Her VA benefits were deposited dec 1st! Very quick and I think the $700 I paid to have the papers done by experts really worked. Hope you are as lucky. I was really nervous after I saw the length of time vets were waiting, as hired a company that specializes.

I filed for VA benefits for my Mother in May 2012. I did all the paperwork myself with help from the website for VA benefits. I also sent them a letter asking to expedite the form because my Mother will be 90 in May. So far I have received 3 letters from them stating it is being processed. Good luck - from my research it takes about 12 -18 months.

Daisy - What kind of agency did you use to file? I used a lawyer and we filed in June. Nothing yet but 2 confirmations that they're processing the claim.Thanks for the information!

filed on 9/25/12. They had told me 45 days, I think it was less than that! . They will interview both of us in a year to confirm I am not trying to rip off my own mother, basically. If she is not doing her own bills [ a question on the va forms] someone must be signed up as a fiduciary.

Hi Daisy - Congratulations! How long did it take for you to get it? And what does a fiduciary mean?

1 2 3