Have any of you raised your voice or gone on about something too much? Feeling horrible with guilt! - AgingCare.com

Have any of you raised your voice or gone on about something too much? Feeling horrible with guilt!

Hello I sometime become very frustrated with my step dad because he is always on the computer doing what I don't know but things are neglected. Feeling bad for being persistent on my step-dad getting exterminator to get rid of bees? I was stung twice in the same area and swollen up severely and in pain. I was adamant and I guess giving my Mom pressure if they didn't get an exterminator to get rid of the wasps nest. Then my Mom was upset because I was going on about it! I feel really guilty when I am not patient with them both. I tend to go on about certain things and raise my voice, but I was worried I would get stung again it happen twice in 2 weeks and it is very painful. I even said if they don't do it I can't come to work but they didn't care he said it was to expensive but has the money!

21

Answers

1 2 3
SendMe, I think a lot of the issue of sting effects depends not only on the insect but whether the person is sensitized, as you noted The number of stings then can really become problematic.

I've been stung by yellow jackets on 4 different occasions, the last if I remember correctly, was when they stung in formation. Seriously, there was a V of welts on my arm, 26 stings in all. I wasn't aware that they practiced stinging in military precision.

Yellow jackets are nasty little buggers.

Normally I am soft-spoken and my parents very rarely fight, but there have been a few times that I have raised my voice because enough was enough regarding certain situations.

One example, I cannot be my parents full-time chauffeur, yet my parents [mid-90's] want to go here, there, everywhere. So what does my Dad say, "I think I will start driving again".... he hasn't driven in 6 years.... so I exploded when he said he will drive. I had visions of him and Mom being in a serious wreck injuring/killing others, and his whole estate gone due to a lawsuit with no where for them to live. And me dragged into the middle of it because I couldn't drive Dad to the barber shop :P

How were you stung? Minding your own business, or attempting to eradicate the threat? Three times stung sounds serious. Need the answer for future reference because we had wasps prior. They were fumigated dead by someone else but if there were a better, but still safer way, not using pesticides would be good imop.
You must be mad as a hornet's nest, to use a common saying. Can you write down in words what you yelled, or would it even be legal to post? Anyone would be overwhelmed! How are you now?

Yes, I have raised my voice, it is part of the human condition. Thanks for coming back to update us. Sorry you were stung, hope you have recovered.

With allergies, did you know that instead of inferring immunity, (desensitizing); a wasp or bee sting may have sensitized you to any future stings becoming worse fod you, or fatal. Ask your doctor, and if you need it, there is an 'epi-pen' to protect you from dying of anaphylactic shock. Could be a part of everyone's emergency kit.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support This support sight has given me relief and hope! Thank you all so much appreciated. The yellow jacket wasp or what ever they were, are taken cared of but I was stung 3 times and swelled up like Martin Short in the movie pure-luck! It was very painful and itchy even with antihistamine.

From a safe distance observe the wasps and you will see where they have their nest. Off to the hardware store or Walmart and purchase a can of wasp killer. You need the kind that sprays from 20 feet. At dusk or dawn advance to 20 feet from the nest and let fly till the area is covered then duck quickly in through Jessie's open door. It will cost less than $10 and I would not expect a visit from an exterminator to be less than $100.
If they are still around repeat the next night. Just don't kill the bees a bee keeper will take those for free that is unless you are way south and they are killer bees then pay the exterminator. Cheaper than the ER

Agree with you, VSTEFANS, Vote with your feet! I love that phrase.
COULD IT BEE me, you are so exactly right, Caregivers are humans too, even though we don't act like it sometimes.

Sometimes we rant because people don't seem to hear us when we are being reasonable. I think you have a right to a wasp-free house. "I am NOT coming here again until those wasps are GONE!" is not unreasonable at all.

I have twice had to stay in hotels in my own city until mold mitigation got done by the people in my family who were NOT deathly allergic to the stuff. Ranting for hours would not have been good, but voting with my feet worked. I can handle minor cleanups with an N-95 mask, and I could be a spokeswoman for the Tilex company, but if they do something negligent again and we have a major problem I would do the same thing again.

Overwhelm: I think sometimes we raise our voice, rant, argue etc not because of the (bees per say) but how we have been treated in the past or lately, or we are tired and want to give up and the like. Some of us will try anything like JesseBelle (good job they don't bother me either) and others need help with all kinds of issues. I hope you have found a way to deal with the bees and your guilt. Take care and realize that caregivers are human too even though we don't act like it sometimes. Take care.

1 2 3