I am getting my father's statements ready for Medicaid and was about to start making copies when my husband asked if they had to be paper documents or could they be submitted in electronic form like PDF files?

The answer depends on your state's rules. Wisconsin's application says the applicant can scan and/or upload any proof online.

Even if submitting proof online is allowed, you might want to submit paper copies; it's probably somewhat more secure.
Reply to Rosered6
EmeraldKitty Aug 24, 2019
Thank you. I prefer to have paper, my husband likes to do as much as he can on the computer.
(1)
Paper in Maine
Reply to anonymous901498

Paper.
Reply to Geaton777

When I did it, it had to be paper at first. When renewals came around, the caseworker that helped had a portal you could upload to, they considered email a violation.
Reply to tacy022
EmeraldKitty Aug 24, 2019
Thanks.
(0)
When I had to do this, I just went to my bank and asked them to run off copies of the statements for me. That way, things have no chance of getting lost in cyberspace and a hard copy is right there in front of them.
EmeraldKitty Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I have most of his statements but I still need to get 3 years of statements for his credit union account. They charge a dollar a page.
(0)