How do I put my name on a list for people looking for caregivers? - AgingCare.com

How do I put my name on a list for people looking for caregivers?

3

Answers

Macbonni, you could fill out an application with a caregiving agency, and when you are hired you will be placed on their list.... that's the only list that I would know about.

I don't know of any list here that you would put your name in.

Care website is where I got my mom's caregiver. Give it a tryl

• Being a full-time employee and a caregiver can be difficult, but letting your boss or employer know that you are a caregiver can put less stress on both of you. The amount of stress employees face - on the job and as caregivers - is another reason to let your boss know what's going on in your personal life.
  • To deal with working while caring for an elderly family member, if an employer does not understand your caregiving situation, talk to them, but have a plan first.
  • Caregivers must carefully manage their time in order to care for their loved ones and themselves. A veteran caregiver offers her tips for prioritizing tasks, keeping expectations realistic and rolling with the punches.
  • The same skills that make someone an effective caregiver are also present in many great entrepreneurs. So, it's not surprising that some caregivers find themselves drawn to the role of small business owner.
  • It’s challenging for caregivers to find jobs that offer flexible scheduling. A work-from-home position enables you to care for your loved one while bringing home a paycheck.
  • There are no federal mandates to deal with the time off that accompanies caregiving; however, you can find employee benefits for working caregivers. Many caregivers don't know that they have protections at work. Find out what employee benefits you can receive as a caregiver.