How can I protect my 84 year old mother from the "snake oil" salesman that is draining all of her money? - AgingCare.com

How can I protect my 84 year old mother from the "snake oil" salesman that is draining all of her money?

Mom has bought the sales tactics of a variety of pills and tonics sales fliers that are promising her health and memory protection. She will do anything or pay anything for a supplement that promises she won't lose her mind. She is spending 100's a week and it can't go on much more!

1

Answer

You could check the Better Business Bureau and see if there are complaints against this sales company. If there are, that may help her understand that she is being taken for a ride. There are good supplements around, but she doesn't need to be spending hundreds of dollars to a direct sales person. She does, however, have rights, and if she wants to spend her money this way, and she isn't cognitively impaired, it really is her choice. I know that's frustrating, but unless this person is crooked, I'm not sure you can do much.
Take care,