Are there programs for taking my Mom (83) out to eat, shopping, appointments and companionship 3 hrs a day? - AgingCare.com

Are there programs for taking my Mom (83) out to eat, shopping, appointments and companionship 3 hrs a day?

I'm going out of town for 10 days. Suburban harrisburg area.

3

Answers

I use this company in the past. They are very good, they offer 3 hrs minimum, so my husband and I could have time to dinner out. I use them 2 days a week, they are very great, they send any caregiver I request to them, they work around my schedule, plus I received free nursing assessment with them, before they sent a caregiver. Their price is very good, and their services are excellent, I will recommanded to anyone.

I used an agency, we had in home companionship for mom while dad had in home hospice. They were very nice. I believe they offer errands and for someone who is mobile, they may offer outings. They had a minimum, it may have been 4 hours, dont recall. The agency was Visiting Angels.

Try your County Office of the Aging and ask her MD for agencies that can help.