I know Medicaid allows for an assets associated with burial but can I prepay for burial the same month I file my application for Medicaid?

This would only be for the burial cost as I already have a burial plot

You need to contact Medicaid directly because this is going to be state specific and some states limit the amount you can spend on a prepaid funeral.
Reply to worriedinCali

As long as you have the paperwork showing you used ur money to buy a prepaid funeral should be no problem. My funeral director said the funeral includes flowers and I think the luncheon. Anything to do with the funeral. Any monies left over reverts back to Medicaid.

Thanks I am fairly certain it can be done the same month as it is approved asset , just was looking for confirmation in IL.
Reply to Joehowie58

Call them and ask. It would be my guess that you could pay that the day before you submit the application if you wish. 1-800-medicare can answer for you. They cover medicare and medicaid and will let you know if you need any other numbers. I hope someone on site can guarantee you an answer to this. Medicaid is a joint program of the federal and state governments, so I would check for your own state.
worriedinCali Sep 9, 2020
1-800 Medicare is not going to be able to answer Medicaid questions like this. It’s state specific. He needs to contact Medicaid in his state.
(0)