How to post question with more than 5000 Characters? - AgingCare.com

How to post question with more than 5000 Characters?

This will be my first question that I have asked. I think for better understanding I need to elaborate on some information so those that may answer my question have enough information to understand the situation. 5000 Characters is not enough- I have cut things back but can't get it under 5000... Do I post it with a title that ends with part 1 and post the rest with the same title that is part 2? How do I handle this?

19

Answers

I posted my question as a new question Thank You

Just keep it short, very short. I am so overwhelmed and time restricted that I only read the short ones. Sorry. Just tell us briefly the problem, what you are doing about the problem and then ask for advice. 5000 words no way. Less than 50 words is better.

Will your husband be retiring soon? Is that why you bought the house in the woods? Sounds ideal for retirement.

North, if your husband were going to start this question, what would he ask?

This is one of the sweetest threads/questions ever on AC. Looking forward to how we can just keep communicating with you, NorthwoodsGirl. You could just jump right in here, anytime. Maybe your question can unfold gradually, and people could be extra patient with you, walking you through this time together.

NorthwoodsGirl, just love the selection of your name and the flower is beautiful! Is that a flower from the woods?

The answer is yes. Yes you can spend time temporarily overnights with mom in the woods. Your husband can drive up on weekends. In the meantime, though, in the preservation of a marriage (yours), write as many words necessary to get the answer you will need to continue your life apart from mom. Your situation is too precarious to risk your health caring for her. Know what your limitations are, don't be ashamed if you can't take care of mom and your husband too. Think of this time as a short vacation in the woods.

That can be difficult when you're using some types of a phone, another reason to start with a short overview and what's driving you over the edge. Then we'll all ask clarifyjng questions. Don't sweat it, just do it.

Whatever you do, please try to break your post into paragraphs with space between the paragraphs. I realize it depends on what electronic device you are using, that some won't do paragraph breaks. The breaks makes it so much easier to read :)

We are all overwhelmed at times which is one of the things that makes it so, very difficult!