My 78-year-old mother-in-law was in a nursing home after a misdiagnosis of Alzheimer's. She's been on Medicaid for the last 2 years. We hired a lawyer to help us with that, but we are trying to set her up with a pooled trust to get her home care along with help paying her bills. She makes approx. $1,900 a month. She has no assets. According to my brother-in-law, the way the nursing home personnel explained it to him is that her money goes into a pooled trust and they pay her utilities, rent, bills, etc. She will have approx. $800 a month for herself to use as she pleases each month. This doesn't seen correct. Any info is appreciated.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
I am certainly no lawyer or a financial advisor. Just the fact that you are raising the question is a red flag. So what happens when (not IF) the facility changes ownership or becomes a bowling alley, etc.....? I would NOT agree yo something like that!
Helpful Answer (0)

Are you trying to switch mom from NH Medicaid to Community Medicaid?

Can you go back to the eldercare attorney who assisted you the first time.

Medicaid law is quite state-specific, so I think you are going to need someone well versed in the local State regs.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter