Does anyone know the policy or procedures of a resident using another resident's personal bathroom? I need to know before I take action.

I found a resident with an aide helping to clean resident up in my mom's personal bathroom. The resident had soiled himself and the aide took him to my mom's bathroom. I was told this by a family member who was visiting. Mom's room smelled awful and there was no explanation of why the aide used my mom's personal room. I'm not sure what the policy and procedures are and would like to know before I address this incident. Any thoughts?

19

Answers

Vonping, I am so sorry for your loss and all the pain and confusion going on right now. Know that your mother at last at peace and would want you to be also. In my experience all the " finalizing" takes a while, and it is a holiday weekend so that slows all down more. It is time for you to rest...you have been there for your mother all along and are still trying to be so. But her suffering is over so you can at last relax. Let the process work itself out. God bless you....I have been right where you are now.

To my Aging Care friends. Thank you for your sympathies. I have more issues w/ the funeral home since my last post. I have learned that my mom is still not cremated. I have called FH many times and ( Michele) who has been trying to help is not following through. Now she is off until Tues. My parents made their arrangements many years ago and prepaid. To have this experience w/ FH is SO upsetting. I am trying to reach Mr. Barry Brewer (owner) to get issues resolved. The thought of my mom still in a refrigerator is .... ( I HAVE NO WORDS!) Please pray for us to get the answers and help we need to see that my mom's last wishes are carried out. (I am considering hiring an attorney, when this ordeal is over) Any thoughts on this ? What kind of an attorney would I hire ?

JoAnn, thank you for your response that a loved one comes for them. I too missed my mom's last breath by minutes and still feel guilt about it. I have been comforted by posters here that say often your loved one wants to be alone when they pass to spare those left behind. Your answer gave me an entire new perspective and I thank you so much.
Vonping, again, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish your family comfort in remembering all the good times you had and that your mom is at peace now.

Vonping, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

So sorry to here about Mom. It seems the norm that they pass just at the moment you leave for a few minutes. I believe they aren't alone. A loved one comes for them.

So sorry to hear about your mom.

Oh Vomping, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Vonping,
So sorry for your loss of your dear Mother.
Thank you for sharing with your new friends here on the forum.

There are many who have experienced similar frustrations, the pain, confusion, and regret of not being by their loved ones side at the exact moment. You may feel alone right now, maybe it's late at night and you cannot sleep.

This difficult and sad journey will be hard. Keep coming back so we can try to ease your burden as you go on the next few days, weeks, months. Every person here can be counted among your new friends.

Sorry your Mom has died.

Oh my vonping! I'm so sorry!

I was following you along here since I have some of the same issues at my parents AL...but also lotsa caring and love there too, most all of them deserve great praise! Sure, I'd be upset too if they didn't get back with me. I have no answers for you but hang on, someone here will offer you advice and guidance soon.

Thinking of your Mom, you and your family...peace

Oh Vonping
I am so very sorry for this difficult journey for you and your mom

Do not beat yourself up about her final hours before passing - you were there for her

May the love of your family and friends ease your grief