I'm just trying to see if I can get a litle time off in May for my birthday. I would have to carefully screen the person that would be watching over my mom. I don't even know if this is possible, but If anyone knows of something please let me know. Thank you
On another note ... it's so helpful knowing that you guys are out there, and you understand. There have been many days that this web site has helped to pull me through, unbelievable days in which has been the only support to keep me going. I'm so glad that I found this place. Thank you to each and everyone for being there. From, my mom and I.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
What you want to look for is respite care. It is offered by some long term care facilities, group homes, etc. You could check with the Department of Aging helpline in your state to identify some options. These are not inexpensive -- consider it part of the cost of celebrating your birthday. Sometimes there are scholarships or grants available for part of the cost. And it may turn out to be a little vacation for Mother, too.

Good luck! Time away is important so start checking now.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter