Can my mother-in-law, who is permanently disabled, receive MediCal if her income is too high? - AgingCare.com

Can my mother-in-law, who is permanently disabled, receive MediCal if her income is too high?

My mother-in-law had a stroke 12 years ago and is permanently disabled. She recently came to live with us. I filled out a Medi-Cal form, but was denied because the household makes too much. Since she is permanently disabled, does't she automatically qualify for Medi-Cal?

1

Answer

I am in Michigan where in our state the individual is considered single for Medical coverage, but not necessarily when it involves food assistance or other cash help. I would make sure that your mother in law appeals the decision as every denial of benefit should come with instructions on how to appeal the decision through a hearing.