Well, today marks 22 days that my dad has been in the hospital after his fall and a positive test for Covid-19. They found a massive blood clot in his leg and moved him to ICU for the last two days. He is very weak and short of breath. He’s been on oxygen since he got there but now he’s on a ventilator.
I got a call from a Palliative care doctor today who says that in his opinion, dad has less than a 5% chance of pulling through. I am his POA and I do not want him to suffer or to be in any pain and to go as peacefully as possible. If his ending is coming soon my wish is that he has the best quality of life that he can have.
With that said, I have made the decision/given my permission to place him on Comfort Care. I feel that he would do the same for me in this situation.
Has anyone else had to make this same decision to place a parent on Comfort Care? If so, how did it turn out?