My brother has taken my Mom (86) and won't tell me where she is. What are my options to find her? - AgingCare.com

My brother has taken my Mom (86) and won't tell me where she is. What are my options to find her?

He also has moved and I can't track him down.

17

Answers

Why is he hiding her?

Well. Linda posted once and didn't come back. What I'll hope for is that brother and mother turned up safe and sound and the worst that happened was a few well-chosen words.

Taken her from where?

Cant guarantee it applies but it certainly may if foul play for example was suspected

Jude, that is an excellent answer, I did not know that banks do that! It makes common sense that they would, especially if there is a conflict of information from two different parties.
A long-standing saying, still used today is: Follow the money.

Help, Linda's mother has been missing for over 40 days. I believe she is right to be worried, and has received some of the most excellent advice given.
Now, Linda is missing from this forum of people who really cared enough to answer. She must be very busy trying to locate her mom and brother. I know we don't require any follow up from people who post here, but I want to make sure she knows we care, and I am still praying for her, in case she checks back in here.
Take care of you and your Mom, Linda.

It's not unknown for banks to stop trading on an account - that virtually forces the person to contact the bank and then they ask them to go in to verify that they are who they say they are - at which point officers would be on hand to ask questions - IF IT WAS THOUGHT TO BE THAT SERIOUS I might add

Garden spot on as always I would add to that what is HER financial position - would there be any malicious intnt behind him taking her? A check on her bank will reveal if he has withdrawn money on the account and WHERE he withdrew it and if he did a transfer his bank details including address would be registered with the bank - not that they will give them to you but they would have to for the police I think

Sorry I mean isolating her from family.

Call APS Adult Pertective Services and let them know your brother is insulating your mom from you and your family. That will put a stop to it. Your brother will have to answer to the state.