I am a CNA, I do in home elder care. I have been doing this for 15 years. My mom is getting to the point that she will need some in home care soon. This means I will have to stop working which I don't want to because I am trying to accumulate enough money for my own care giving needs in the future.

My mom has long term care insurance (which is a waste of money in my opinion), they state they will only pay an agency for in home care. My question is can I become an employee of an agency and ask them to send me to my mom's home? I do not want her going through an agency because I have first hand experience of how they work and am not impressed (I have my own home care business). The best interest for mom is to have me be there. Anyone ever do this?

Find Care & Housing
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to gladimhere

I would ask this question of the insurance agency that provided your mom's LTC policy. Good luck!
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to Marcia7321

In PA they have agencies that train and hire family and friends. You already have the training. Wouldn't hurt to call around.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter