Nursing home sent an invoice... Medicaid still pending. Any advice?

Nursing home sent a bill for my dad... what Medicare did not pick up for the month. He is Medicaid Pending (from May 1). Lawyer and Medicaid Caseworker say not to pay it. Now I am getting the evil eye from the lady at the nursing home who does the billing. I dread going there because I always end up seeing her around. I wish the Title 19 would be approved soon so they can get paid and I can relax. I am so stressed out over this Medicaid Pending.

12

Answers

Heh, my first job out of college was in A/R...with a bunch of old biddies and I got out fast. But now I am one too :-) and have no tolerance for crap like Linda’s getting and I hope she speaks up about it if she feels it’s warranted.
Reply to rocketjcat

You're right on my count, Tacy!

Barb and Rocket, neither of you must work in accounting. I have fired more billing/ar people than I care to admit because their backstabbing drama queens that just gossip. Guaranteed everyone knows the situation. In reporting the situation, report it to the Director of Finance, Controller or Accounting Manager...make sure it is in writing not verbal.
Reply to tacy022

I agree with you, Rocket. I wonder if billing lady says anything to the patient? Or to the "girls"?  This is confidential information.  She is so very out of line, I'm boiling over this!

You really need to report this.

That billing lady is a twit. I would speak the Administrator at the place and tell them you are being harassed and exactly what she said. I can’t imagine ANYONE at Moms NH ever speaking to me like that.
Reply to rocketjcat

Linda; How incredibly inappropriate of the "billing lady".

No one at a NH is supposed to know who the Medicaid patients are; that information is confidential.

I would report this incident to the Director of the facility AND to the Ombudsman. This is so very out of line.

I wonder if she has her hand in the till.

The billing lady said that how stupid, lol. Next time tell her,"your borrowing base isnt hit until your 90 to 120 days out, its federal law to pay employees and its your vendors that wont be paid. Dont guilt trip me, if you have a problem contact the caseworker at (phone number)." At least, that is what I would do and she will back off.
Reply to tacy022

Thank you for your answers!

rocketjcat... yes... it is SO hard to watch the all the medical bills pile up. But they tell me not to pay... so I'm not.

And yes... the billing lady at the nursing home made a comment to me. She said "How can I pay my girls to take care of your father if we're not getting paid" So that made me feel AWFUL. It just made a horrible situation even worse.

I'm about 2 months into the Medicaid process. I wish I could see the light at the end of the Title 19 tunnel!
Reply to LindainCT

Your Medicaid caseworker is the final answer on this...if s(he) says don’t pay it anything, don’t pay it. I had to scan and email copies of every bill I received to her, so she could tally them up for the big final $ reckoning. Moms Pending status took 4 months and hers was relatively easy. The caseworker can probably give you an idea how much longer it will take. I spoke to mine weekly and it was hard to watch unpaid bills pile up!
Reply to rocketjcat

Most business run on a line of credit borrowed against receivables, based on the line conditions lines are lowered without explaination of outstanding balances. Her boss is probably riding her so yeah, she is probably giving you dirty looks. All you have to do is go up and tell her what the lawyer and caseworker told you and she can update her dated notes and her boss is off her case.
Reply to tacy022