Is it normal to pee in a cup in middle of night? My Mom and I sleep together in same bed. - AgingCare.com

Is it normal to pee in a cup in middle of night? My Mom and I sleep together in same bed.

Hello. I just moved my mom here from sisters house. I am trying to find her a place to live. Too much income for *income based housing; barely enough for assisted living. She does not want to live alone; she wants me to live in senior living with her! My Mom (88) refuses take meds (says they destroy kidney). She has a weak bladder. She walks to bathroom during the day; pees in a cup, during the night. She empties the cup in the morning. We are sleeping in the same bed, same room, at my son's house, until she decides on an apartment. I hate smelling urine all night! Is this normal? She does not bathe; only washes up. She can't get on tube.

14

Answers

Been busy a bit, surgery on the horizon so been donig more reading than posting.

Ramiller, there you are, haven't seen your posts for awhile. Glad you didn't go covert on the name changes too. It has been a challenge to keep up, so I have decided to treat everyone as a stranger and a new friend!

Wow, i am so happy for you. Now you can visit and enjoy your time instead of stressing about it. I applaud your move.

One million, now that is a darn good percentage! So happy that it has worked out, and fairly quickly too!

Hello Everyone!

Mom is now living in a Senior citizen home. She and I are 1 million percent better. I visit her often.

Research has helped me understand that child birth effects women later on in life.

LOVE ALWAYS + ♡

So you moved her in with your son which is where you're living as well? And you and your 88-year-old mom are sleeping in the same bed? You think your son follows in your footsteps? Can't speak up for himself?

As to your question,I think more old men do it than old women. I doubt it's uncommon. Have her pee in something that has a lid. Unless she's getting the bed wet, seems to me a commode with a lid right next to the bed would be little more trouble than she's going thru right now.

Your son is a saint.

Mompees: How is your mother getting the snacks? Use them for dessert. Don't buy them. Maybe squeeze the watermelon for juice. Sometimes they have trouble chewing or don't like the texture.
Yes, she's your mom, but you are now an adult and need to take control of the situation. Ask questions. Make a decision that is based on her best interests AND yours. This is not an easy job. Thank God for sites like this that help us feel we have friends to ask questions without being judged. Do your best. That's all any of us can do.

Do you have any income? Do you work? The best solution for all is for you to get your own place and then perhaps a care home for your mother.

Yes, the comode is a good idea.

I am embarrassed to say that my son and his girlfriend (school teacher) have a very nice home. They are picky on everything; including how i wash dishes to setting the house alarm. I do not think they would like the comode. They are 30 and 33 years old. I am 61 yrs. Old. Divorced after being married 29 yrs. I only have 1 sister; no brothers. My mom and dads siblings either had 1 child or none. My cousins are spread out throughout the U.S.

Journaling is good for mind, body and soul! I truly appreciate the opportunity to share my feelings.

I understand that baby boomers are now taking care of their parents. Many parents that were born in the 1920's are still thinking in an antiquated way! Respect your elders! Elders do not always think in depth about issues. Well now, i guess that applies to me to. Smile...
Thank you.

Thank You Everyone for taking time to give me some direction.

My sister's husband just retired from the U.S. Army. Mom was livjng with them. My mom started calling me 1214/2014; complaining my sister was taking her money.

Mom is very controlling and demanding. I realize i am acting still like a child with her, instead of an adult.

We had a discussion today; that did not go or end well. She told me, " I'm still your mother!" In a very stern tone! I did decide tonight to tell her i was off duty. I am tired. This morning i fixed her a bowl of watermelon and explained that i was fixing breakfast. She doesnt like fruit in the morning. She is eating candy, donuts, licorice, potato chips, etc...

I am thinking about taking her back to Houston, TX.

God forgive me!