Need a low income apartment for mom. Any suggestions?


She only gets Social Security and it's less than 700 dollars per month.



Try your county Housing authority. Ask if there are HUD maintain Senor living aparts. in ur area. They usually charge 30% of ur total income. Where I live, there is a small charge for electric. She would be responsible for cable and internet. Comcast does have discounted internet for low income people. Your county Office of Aging maybe able to help too. Mom should be able to get discounts on utilities and food stamps.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29

Every county has a Area Agency on Aging.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to jjariz

Dear mompat,

I would call your local town office and see if you can talk to a social worker about any programs in the community. I hope you are able to find the help your mom needs.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to cdnreader